In an increasingly fast-paced, digital age, timing is everything. Responding to client needs at the right time can be the difference between success and failure, and so can the ability to make timely, business decisions, informed by real-time financial information.
Online accounting is the solution for small to medium-sized businesses looking to stay ahead of the curve. Instead of relying on an accounting package installed on one device that will need updating regularly, online accounting software can be used to maintain records, hosted in the cloud for increased visibility, accuracy and security.
Benefits of online accounting
- Know your financial position in real-time. Make confident business decisions with increased visibility of your company’s current performance.
- Available anytime, anywhere. Company accounts can be accessed securely from any device with an internet connection.
- Increased control, better collaboration. Multi-user access means you can control the view for each individual and communicate easily online with your team and financial advisors.
- Increased security and data protection. Data is backed up and protected with multiple layers of security, including industry-standard data encryption. Two-step authentication is also available.
- Free, instantly available software updates. Spend less time maintaining your accounting software and more time managing your business.
Expert knowledge, impartial advice
At Rickard Luckin, our online accounting team have been working with cloud based accounting software providers for over a decade. Our extensive knowledge of the available packages allows us to guide you through the process of choosing the software that’s right for the needs of your business, and its budget.
However, many businesses turn to us for the value we add as accountants. Our team act as business advisers, proficient at interpreting your business’ financials in real-time, and providing guidance on strategies to help you achieve your goals.
Helping you stay compliant
From 1 April 2019, all VAT-registered businesses with a taxable turnover that is above the VAT registration threshold (currently £85,000) must maintain their accounting records in a digital format and submit their VAT returns to HMRC using Making Tax Digital (MTD) compatible software.
Our team is certified as MTD Ready by Xero and is accredited as a Gold Partner. The team has extensive knowledge of the MTD requirements outlined by HMRC and can provide information about compliance as well as helping you choose an appropriate cloud-based software solution.
We also act as a bureau for Landmark, meaning you can access your data at any time whilst we maintain the records for you. Landmark specialises in agricultural software and can include financial, cropping and livestock management packages to suit your needs.
Ongoing training and support
Moving to a digital way of working can take time to get used to. That’s why our team provide ongoing support each step of the way as you transition to online accounting software. From initial setup to bespoke training, our expert team will regularly review your service and identify areas where we can provide additional advice and assistance to ensure you achieve the maximum benefits. To discuss our online accounting services in further detail, please contact Darren Clarke